When I was doing engineering, there were several colleges in our state, but there were no propositional jobs to all out comers. So like some of my friends I also worried what I need to do after engineering if I do not get any job. That time I entered in to ‘Network’ business because of one of my friend. It was a clear lesson to me by doing that part time job. When ever I remember those days, I wonder how I was doing all those things.
I was in 3rd year of my engineering, that time I got to know network business through one of my classmate. He was already in that business quite some time and earned some money. I and some of other friends got inspired knowing that we can get some money by just spending 2 hours daily. The business concept is extremely straightforward, before joining I need to deposit some amount, so that the company will provide some products which I can use in my day to day activity. I need to convince others and make them join in the network by paying deposit amount. Who ever joins in the network through me, will be under me. Those new guys can introduce some other new guys and chain goes on.During this process when ever any new person join in my network, I will make some money. That time I did not think anything, I just thought spending 2 hours daily, and just ‘convince’ others to join in this business; if they join I can make some money. Later I realized how difficult it was.
My classmate who introduced that business used to show us some demonstration videos. In those videos, they used to show some of the top ranker speeches, also inspiration stories of some of the leaders who have grown in a short time. Continuously for 1 week, we had seen so many videos. We were like totally brain washed and strongly thinking that what ever we were doing is right and totally believed the concept.
After joining in that business, I first started explaining this concept to my room-mates. Totally we were 4 guys in the room. I started with my best friend. I honestly believed this network concept, so I started with him like this ‘we are not sure whether we get jobs after college, so we need to do some part time job by just spending 2 hours daily. Instead of wasting time with unnecessary talks, we spend on this, so that we can make some money. If others decide to join then OK, otherwise there is no loss to us. We are getting some stuff for deposit so even no loss to our money.’ He was convinced, and he agreed to join. He was the first guy in the network.
We together started speaking with other friend’s explaining about this concept. It had become daily task, after college we stop talking about other things. No movies, no time-pass things, speaking and speaking about this business.
We together convinced other room-mate and made him join in the network. My other room mate, who is particularly accurate in spending money not ready to join because of deposit, we had prepared plan, like a list of people with whom we need to talk, and if they are not convinced we used show videos to them. Slowly my network started growing, Around 15 guys were joined. One fine day my other room mate was also willing to join the network but he does not want to spend time. He wants to be like sleeping partner. I assured him that I would join some new guys into in his network. During this time, many conflicts raised. Everyone in my network wants that new-comers should be in their network. It had become a difficult task to me to resolve those conflicts.
We got summer vacations, before going to home-town we promised that we would continue to do our business even in our home-town by working full time. I do not know about others, but I took it dead seriously. First thing is I prepared list of names that I need to meet and talk about this business. First I convinced my best friend in my home town and made him join in my network. Then we together tried to meet all friends in my town. I became proficient in explaining about this concept. I surprised to see that I had that much communication skills. Despite our effort, many not willing to join in our network. They used to say, ‘ya! We know this stuff, this is all rubbish’ and some used to say ‘not now’, some used to say ‘if it is free then I can join’. Some even gave some token advance just to skip us. Some even avoided us without contacting. With high difficulty, my network grown up-to 30 members, but all were become passive members. They were doing nothing from their side to join new comers. I slowly started realizing how hard to convince others. My summer vacations were over, my progress in home-town is not that much.
I returned to college and all persons who were in this business met and tried to see how we had done at their hometown. Except me and my leader classmate, none of other guys had done nothing.
6 months ended, I slowly loosing interest in this. Initial 2 hours had become so many hours, even in college I used to spend a lot of time on this business. Some of my friends used to ignore me, because of this business. I realized this is not my work; I can not go back to each other back to explain about this. I understood that I had lost what ever deposit that I paid. At least around 100 guys should be in the network to earn some money. I also made others loose their money.
I stopped talking about this business in room. Even my room mates also, resumed our old conversions again like on movies, started spending time again on roads and movie theaters. I fully left that business, felt immensely happy after that. Only regret that I had is because of me around 30 people joined in this stupid business. The lesson that I learned here is ‘It is extremely difficult to convince others’.
very good
ReplyDeleteHahahahah hahhaha :) Vijay, Nice to read these real stories :) It was like laughing therapy for me. I was imagining all the characters in the story. It's fun filled real stories :)
ReplyDelete